Liralen Li (liralen) wrote,
Liralen Li

Wow. Near 60's yesterday, and today the clouds are blowing in and by Sunday it's supposed to have a high in the 20's.

Jet had a blast last night. We went out for dinner, and he fell asleep on the way out. He napped on John's shoulder and my lap for exactly half an hour before suddenly, quietly he sat bolt up right in my lap and looked around with interest. No transition from asleep to suddenly wide-awake and totally alert. I was impressed. He ate fries, nibbled a rib, and drank a lot of pop.

To make up for that we headed to the Longmont Mall, which is, amusingly enough, called Twin Peaks Mall. In the food court there is a kids' play area that John and I have heard a lot about as Jet goes there every week on Wednesday mornings, now. I wanted to see it for myself, and it would be good for running some of that excess sugar off from Jet and get him to sleep, tonight.

It turns out to be a small mountain of molded items. It's actually, literally, a small mountain. With tunnels dug under it with a set of plastic/foam/slippery covered stuff molded into a set of tracks and a coal cart going in as well. There's a pool and stream and waterfall down the side that are all this smooth, spongy stuff, and an arched bridge coming out the other side. The bridge was so steep that it was a huge effort to climb it and when coming down most kids slid down on their butts instead of, as Jet did, walking straight down it and landing on their knees, face, or flat on their fronts.

Jet went crazy. He ran and ran and crawled and climbed and ran some more and chased all the big kids and teased them and tickled them and tried to chase them up the trees. He jumped, scrambled, and often sprawled, but enjoyed every bit of it. He slid down the waterfall, crawled through the tunnels, jumped up and down on the wings of a gigantic dragon fly, and did all kinds of things with all kinds of kids. There were several very big girls, which he charmed into lifting him up onto the main mountain, lifting him up into the plastic trees, or into dancing with him on the carpets. He would give them his huge smile and they'd do whatever he seemed to want them to do.

He played like crazy for a good two hours. At first, he'd do a running leap into John's or my legs or lap for a hug and then go running off to play again, on a regular basis. By the second hour, he forgot all about us and just ran and played with the other kids. When all the older girls left, and the last three small kids got gathered in by their parents, he finally went to John, climbed up on the adult couches that lined the area, and sat with John and drank his apple juice and panted a lot.

Happy kid. Though he had a pretty bad night after that. Both John and I are still recovering from Jet being up a *LOT* last night, and Jet's kind of recovering, too. We think his muscles were just very sore from all the exertion, and that kept him up. I can hope he'll be less sore and just as tired, tonight.

  • Sometimes Things Suck

    Uhm. Yeah. I fall prey to the impulse to mostly write then things are good, not when things are bad, or when things I decided don’t quite turn out…

  • See You In Four Months

    Yesterday, at 4 am, we all got up and took Jet to DIA to deliver him to American Airlines and send him on his way. There are three things I really…

  • Turning Around

    That's the easiest show and tell of the turn around. That and that my sleep went from averaging 6 hours a night to averaging a bit under 8.…

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.