List 10 things (or five, if you're lazy) that make you smile. These should be generic and not involve specific people so others can bask in your glory. "Having my nostrils licked by my lover" is acceptable; "Having Vic Tayback lick my nostrils" is not, even if you're sleeping with him (which, ewwww, because he's dead and all). Feel free to mention people in context of their work/art, though, i.e. "A Bon Jovi song" or "Ralph Nader's Gonads". Let's pretend like that made sense.
1. Jet holding something up to me and saying, "I made that!"
2. A quiet moment and a deep breath of the steam from a mug of 160 degree, two-minute brewed pi lo chun. That makes my whole brain feel like it's spring. Or substitute ali shan, monkey-picked Iron Goddess of Mercy, pu-erh, a stiff British blend with milk and rock sugar, old-man style brewed green Taiwan tung tung oolong, or, okay, any great tea and I'll still smile at the first, fragrant breath and sip.
3. The sound of rain on anything and everything, all day is best... *grin*
4. A well-turned phrase.
5. Coming up for air after being twenty indirections deep in a debugger, my brain filled with instance information, and, for a moment, having that feeling of knowing my universe.
6. Jet's 'evil grin' when he's about to do something he really shouldn't do. (I know, I can't help it, I smile and he takes it as an okay...)
7. A bear hug from my husband.
8. A long conversation about three dozen different topic, all tangential to each other, with my husband in our shorthand for American English, which my sister rightly calls our own language.
9. Sitting on a roof that I just nailed two nails for every shingle on it.
10. Hearing anyone sigh with happiness as they eat the first forkful of a meal I just prepared.