At the very beginning, I had tried to figure out exactly how many rows of each of the nine shades of background color I had to do. And I GOT IT WRONG. Dang that calculus for shoving all that simple mathematics out of my head. How could I *divide* wrong?
Anyway... I have been kind of winging the colors anyway (though by a mildly fudged fibonacci sequence to lend structure) and I'd added some red to my palette that I hadn't originally had or planned for. But by adding the rows I had, I could fudge the numbers right near where I'd stopped. So I set a life line, took it all off the needles and thought I might as well take a picture of it here anyway... so this is the picture, so far. I'm about halfway done, I think. Though past the armpit, the body gets a bit narrower, which is cool, as I can make up a few more rows there, too, I think.
I ripped just eight rows. And I'm now back on track for the colors, I think. I hope. I pray. *grin* The lifeline made it dead simple to pick everything back up again, too, which, with two-color knitting, is NOT the easiest thing in the world. So I'm content, again, that I haven't cheated *too* badly.