This is the overview page for my Bleach fanfic arc, "Twin Souls". If you want to see all my writing look here.
This is my attempt to figure out why Kyouraku Shunsui and Ukitake Jyuushiro are the only two shinigami in Soul Society to have zanpakuto that manifest as two identical swords. It starts when the two first really meet at the Academy and will, I hope, end when both have manifested shikai for the first time.
- Chapter 1: Introductions -- PG-13 They meet and don't get along.
- Chapter 2: Academy Life -- PG-13 Jyuushiro goes on with life.
- Chapter 3: Judgment -- PG-13 - Consequences catch up to both of them.
- Chapter 4: Atonement -- R - explicit violence, implied sex - They get what's coming to them and learn thereby.
- Chapter 5: Under Wing -- R - vivid nightmare and boy on boy kiss
- Chapter 6: The Infirmary -- PG-13 - medical messiness
- Chapter 7: Confrontation -- PG-13 - They go on with lessons.
- Chapter 8: Tactics -- PG-13 - Yamamoto teaches tactics his way.
- Chapter 9: Rescue - Part 1 -- PG-13 - The boys try to rescue some kids.
- Chapter 10: Rescue - Part 2 -- PG-13 - What happens after.
- Chapter 11: Cold -- PG-13 - They both catch a cold.
- Chapter 12: The Mountain - Part 1 -- PG-13 - Shunsui goes on an adventure with his teammates.
- Chapter 13: The Mountain - Part 2 -- PG-13 - Shunsui stays out on his mountain adventure.
- Chapter 14: The Mountain - Part 3 -- PG-13 - The tactics group comes back to Seireitei. Fast.
- Chapter 15: Breathe -- PG-13 - Kyouraku finds Ukitake in bad shape. Yamamoto debriefs his old sergeant.
- Chapter 16: Coming Clean -- R - nudity -- Kyouraku helps Ukitake with a bath. Kali debriefs.
- Chapter 17: Homework -- PG-13 - The boys do their homework of various types.
- Chapter 18: Tactical Defeat -- PG - Pure PG for a snowball fight, and another kind of fight.
- Chapter 19: Touch -- PG-13 -- Ukitake gets back into shape after his illness and Kyouraku tests his new techniques.
- Chapter 20: Cuts: -- R -- for nudity and sensuality -- Politics turns personal on the tactics team, and Jyuushiro and Shunsui learn things together.
- Chapter 21: Border Patrol: -- R -- for battle violence -- Kyouraku, Ukitake, and Kuchiki Kaoru go on border patrol with the Shihouin patrol.
- Chapter 22: Gravedigging: -- R -- for death -- Kyouraku helps with the gravedigging patrol, Ukitake helps with the healing. Their help does not go unnoticed.
- Chapter 23: Offerings -- PG-13 -- just for language... the boys get a bath and eat with the border patrol and learn something thereby.
- Chapter 24: The Castle - Part 1 -- PG-13 -- for bad language -- The Boys go visit Kyouraku Castle for part of Winter Break.
- Chapter 25: The Castle - Part 2 -- PG -- The Boys finish their visit to Kyouraku Castle.
- Chapter 26: The Sea - Part 1 -- G -- The Boys go to visit the Ukitake clan by the sea.
- Chapter 27: The Sea - Part 2 -- PG -- They meet mermaids.
- Interlude -- NC17 -- In which the boys stay in a hunter's hut on the way back to the academy and.
- Chapter 28: Duel Offered -- PG13 for explicit violence -- A snowball fight gets interrupted and the boys start seeing other forces at play in their world.
- Chapter 29: Assignments -- PG -- The Tactics and Strategy team as well as a few other people get their assignments for the next three weeks.
- Chapter 30: Shiba -- PG -- the boys go to their assignment on the Shiba plains and find a rather... rocky reception.
- Chapter 31: The Caves -- PG -- the boys try to save a whole village full of people from a Hollow invasion by taking them to the caves.
- Chapter 32: Convergence -- PG-13 -- Help shows up, with other people attached as well.
- Chapter 33: Betrayal -- PG-13 -- Hordes of Hollows close in on the caves and the boys and not everything is as it seems
- Chapter 34: Left Behind -- PG -- Clan politics get nasty and the boys still find their way.
- Chapter 35: Fight to Protect -- PG-13 -- In which everyone gets hip-deep into their fights.
- Chapter 36: Reflections -- PG-13 -- The boys nearly die.
- Chapter 37: Not Alone -- PG-13 -- And they use what they learn to their advantage, and Daisuke sees if the boys really will be the death of him.
- Chapter 38: Into the Fire -- PG 13 -- After the worst is over, there's a lot to pick up and deal with.
- Chapter 39: Politics and Bath Partners -- PG 13 -- A taste of dealing with true power and enjoying the baths of Castle Shiba.
- Chapter 40: Spring -- PG 13 -- And the Clans and Yamamoto come to an agreement, for now.
- Postlude: Of Love -- R -- Shunsui gets to put his plan in action, and confesses something he'd never thought he'd say.
A Peek Under the Hat -- PG Shunsui as he's napping.
A Sip From the Cup -- PG Jyuushiro with his tea.
Fanart created for this series:
- Banner created by ravens_rising and used with her permission. Thank you so much!
- After the Battle by akiahara, is a picture of the two Academy boys during a battle. I really love it.
- A Promise Made by lookingback on Y!Gallery. Wow. She gave me permission to post it here for anyone that's a registered livejournal user. If you have a Y!Gallery account tell her if you like it.
- rasetsunyo created the picture of the two Academy boys below.
- rasetsunyo was wonderful and created my default icon for this story! Thank you, so much!!
- rasetsunyo also created a portrait of the two guys looking at each other... I like to think they're about to kiss. *grin*
- letmyself_go did a commission for me a while back of the two guys as they are today, but in Zoot suits. I love it.
- Also if you're on Y!Gallery, there's now a club for this story and there's a bunch of art there.
Fanart courtesy of rasetsunyo
It is set 2000 years (or more or less, who counts a few 100 years between shinigami?) before the events of Bleach itself. There is no Gotei 13, no captains, and no divisions, yet. There's just Yamamoto's Academy, a new realization that it would be better to train those with reiatsu, some souls who had living military experience, and a lot of chaos where human souls in Soul Society are being hunted by hollows.
This whole thing would be impossible without incandescens. She sparked the first questions and ideas and has reviewed and encouraged every step I've taken in this.
There are already multiple stories to this arc on my disk and in my head. I'll put 'em up as I feel solid about 'em, so the timing will likely be erratic. Individual entries have been marked "Adult Concepts" and "Explicit Adult Content" as their contents require. Apologies to anyone that inconveniences. I'll also put a rating on anything explicit. I'll edit this entry and add links as I post.
For the whole series I have a very mild yaoi leaning towards the two, just so you're warned.
I hope you enjoy.
Disclaimer: I don't own or make money off of Bleach. Any depicted sex is between consenting adults. It's all fictional. Really.