List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're any good, they must be songs you're really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your Live Journal along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they're listening to.
Wow... I haven't listened to music for so long... but recently I just picked up a few...
1. The Kingdom Hearts 2 Introduction song -- "A scattered dream that's like a far-off memory. A far-off memory that's like a scattered dream..." I play it on repeat while I write. It said it didn't have to be good...
2. The opening credits for Ghost in the Machine: Stand Alone Complex, that aria just makes me swoon and the visuals aren't bad, either. *grin* I like it best in the Japanese.
3. Somebody Loves Me Like a River by the Montana Logging and Ballet Company -- I don't quite know why but it always makes me cry.
3. Mozart's Requiem -- I have three different recordings of it and enjoy the Vienna Philharmonic's most, though it all might be because the Mozart Jack Jack listens to in Jack Jack Attack is the Requiem. This is funny because as a mom EVERYONE knows that Mozart builds math skills! But usually the plinky Mozart, not... the Requiem.
4. Annie Lennox's "Legend In My Living Room" -- I actually love anything Annie Lennox, it's that voice and that particular song I've always loved the lyrics . *shivers* at the video. Woah... I just remembered that I wrote an original story to this song... a very long time ago. Yeesh... old html. Go here for the other four parts of the story, she doesn't actually just die...Lyrics.
5. NIN's "Hurt" and thanks to rmd the Johnny Cash version is even better -- Hmmm... it's so stark and clean. I just love it for its painful beauty. And that last line... always gets me. The lyrics.
6. Peter Gabriel's "Digging In the Dirt" -- There's something that still gets to me about the imagery of this one. The lyrics.
7. "I've Got You Under My Skin" as written by Cole Porter and performed by Neneh Cherry on the Red Hot and Blue album. -- It's haunting, gorgeous, erotic. Much of Cole Porter's songs strike me that way and a lot of the modern artists did pretty well by the songs on that album. Lyrics.
Hmmm... while I'm going to tag, I want the tagged folks to know I'm okay if they don't do it. :-)
crimini, rephetibel, zangetsugirl, incandescens, beckyb, robotech_master, blackwingedboy But I am curious. *grin*