Liralen Li (liralen) wrote,
Liralen Li
liralen

Sunflower Shawl

I'm not sure how I forgot about this in that last entry... but I finally finished my Tuscan Sunflower Shawl. Took about four months, and I ripped it out twice to get it to go right. It's a knitpick.com pattern, and I used the Comfy cotton yarn for it. I love the texture.


Tuscan Sunflower
It was pretty much what I wanted it to be, but a little too small for me. Luckily, it's going to be a present for someone who is smaller than I am, and she loves sunflowers.

There were a few painful points to the pattern itself. One was that the increases weren't regular, they weren't done the same way with each repeat of the pattern, and going with what had gone on before was why I'd had to rip it back once. The other really painful bit was that each and every petal at the edge had to be done with a different piece of yarn. You had to cut the yarn at the end of each petal, which meant that I had to work in two ends for every single petal afterwards. I kind of hate that, and if I make it again, I'm going to modify the pattern to do it right.

One good thing about it being somewhat small (and no, I wasn't going to rip the whole thing again and go up yet another needle size just to make it bigger), is that I have enough yarn leftover to make Jet a pair of socks from the cotton yarn. His feet are now significantly bigger than mine, and he, like John, doesn't like the heat. So a cooler, cotton sock is just the thing for him, and he's good with Sunflower Socks. *grins* That's pretty fun.
Tags: knitting
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 9 comments